Offering Free WiFi at Your Café
With the number of public WiFi hotspots set to grow to 5.8 million by 2015 – triple the number of hotspots in 2011 – more business owners than ever are faced with the decision to offer wireless access to their customers.
But will it benefit their bottom line?
In a word: yes. As internet-enabled devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets grow ever more ubiquitous, customers are increasingly demanding wireless access just about anywhere they go. Here are a few ways in which businesses can profit from offering WiFi to their customers:
- Attracting a loyal clientele: Many people want to get out of the house to work in a more social environment and cafes are perfect for this purpose. Others may just need the occasional Facebook fix while they sip their lattes. When you attract customers with free WiFi, you have a better chance of introducing them to your wares – and enticing them to return.
- Out of town cash: While tourists may not constitute a long-term customer relationship, the Institute of Technology–Sligo found that travelers’ cash is more often spent at businesses that offer wireless access free of charge. Visitors from out of town, eager to check email or Facebook, are more likely to get their caffeine fix at your cafe if you offer WiFi.
- Customers expect WiFi: As the world continues to hop online, offering free wifi will help businesses meet standard customer needs. A recent survey found that one in seven Brits will not enter an establishment without wireless, while one in 10 have actually left an establishment due to the lack of connectivity.
Data has shown that not only do customers expect WiFi, offering an Internet connection at your business can help increase your bottom line. But doesn’t sharing your WiFi password pose a security risk–especially if your point of sale is cloud-based? With Revel, you won’t have to worry about a decrease in security if you choose to offer WiFi to your patrons. Revel operates on its own network which is both hidden and secure from unauthorised access. The WiFi you offer your customers will be totally separate, ensuring they will have access to Internet without your business suffering any negative effects. Moreover, Revel offers wifi management, which allows you to monitor and enhance your POS system’s connectivity, ensuring you have the best connection available. Compatible with all internet service providers, the Wifi Management system enables business owners not only establish a strong network, but take advantage of the benefits of a cloud-based system. Additional wireless access points boost signal and ensure optimum performance, so your clients can surf to their hearts’ content.
Our all-in-one package includes:
- Dedicated WiFi management
- Improved support with remote network troubleshooting
- Priority web support ticketing
- Increased security
To learn more, click here.