Revel Systems is proud to announce the release of Revel 2.13, which contains new features including a new table service button configuration, the ability to use products as ingredients, and VeriFone integration.
Revel 2.13 Release Notes
White Label Mobile App
Online Ordering and Web Mobile Enhancements
Management Console Enhancements
Revel iPad POS Enhancements
Management Console Fixed Issues
Revel iPad POS Fixed Issues
Products are now available to be used as ingredients in recipes. Product inventory will be affected through direct sale of the product and by use through a recipe.
For example: a bakery sells both a croissant and a croissant sandwich. The store can sell just a croissant, but it can also have it as a part of the recipe for the egg, bacon and cheese sandwich. In Figure 1 below, the establishment is creating a recipe for a “Croissant Sandwich” product, using the “Croissant” product. When using the + Add an Ingredient search tool, products and ingredients will be now be categorized as such.
NOTE: Products cannot be added as ingredients to their own recipes.
Figure 1. Adding Products to Recipes
If a product is used as an ingredient in another product’s recipe, the inventory reduction of the initial product will be reflected in a Product Inventory Transfer, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2. Product Inventory Transfer
Products being used as ingredients in recipes will also be reflected in Product Component Reports.
Figure 3. Product Component Report
Implemented integration with Rivile, a Lithuanian bookkeeping program that is used by 30% of the QSR market in Lithuania. Rivile system data import is done via EIP files placed in a B00 reports field and is based on programmed scheduling.
The FP-T88FVA Exorigo-Upos fiscal printer for Poland has been implemented. The fiscal printer is used to register all taxable goods and services sold by an establishment.
The iPP350(GPE) PinPad has been integrated for Poland, supporting loyalty transactions, balance inquiry, redemption, and redemption cancellation.
The “Alert On Price Change” option has been added to the Settings > Advance POS Settings page. Users can input a specific day and time to send an alert to the POS.
Figure 4. Alert On Price Change option, Management Console
At the configured date/time the POS will display a new product price message to inform users that the price change will become effective.
The alert will be displayed in the red bar at the bottom of the POS screen reading; “Price changes are waiting to be accepted. Tap here to continue” Shown in Figure 5 below. The alert will remain on the screen until the POS is refreshed.
Figure 5. Alert On Price Change, POS
Once the user taps the underlined “Tap here to continue” the “Price Changes” window appears, allowing them to accept the changes.
Figure 6. Price Changes Acceptance Window
For table service configurations, the buttons have been modified on the POS table layout screen, in order to provide better ease and efficiency of use. Figure 7 displays the button layout from previous versions:
Figure 7. Button Layout from Older Versions
- Table timers button
- Button to switch to list view format
- Reservations button
- Reservations capacity report (removed in 2.13)
- New (Quick) order button
- Transfer order button
- Move order button
- Open Tab/ Bar Tabs button
- Indicates the section being displayed.
Figure 8 displays the improved layout in version 2.13. The “Tables”, “Bar Tabs”, “Waitlist”, “Reservations” “List View”, and “New Order” option buttons have been moved to the top of the screen and have been labeled with their respective functions.
Figure 8. New Button Layout
The “Table Timers” (B) button has been removed. If the “Table Timers” option has been enabled in the Management Console, timers will automatically appear below each table that is in use. The “View Timer Details” option is now available together with Move Order and Transfer Order on the menu that appears when a table is long-tapped, as shown in Figure 8.
Administrators now have more granular control over permissions for till operations at the employee level.
Till permissions enhancements include:
- New employee role permissions
- Additional global settings
New Employee Role Permissions
Access all till management controls from Employees > Permissions page on the Management Console. New employee role permissions include:
- Blind and non-blind till reconciliation — Enable blind tills by unchecking the Checkout Summary and all Cash Log fields. Employees will not be able to see report data before declaring the cash in the till.
- Set, hold, or close a till — Administrators can now grant employees partial permissions, for example, payins and payouts, but deny them permission to set or close tills.
- Assign and change till ownership — This enhancement introduces the concept of a till “owner.” You can establish till ownership in one of the following ways:
- An employee who initially sets a till becomes the owner of that till.
- A manager sets a till, then changes the ownership of the till to an employee. In this situation only the manager has permission to set a till.
- Access all tills — Managers with this role permission can access all tills owned by other employees, even when restricted by the global setting for till operation restrictions.
Additional global settings include restricting till operations to the employee who owns that till. This enhancement prevents employees without proper role permissions from accessing an active till if they are not the owners of that till. Restricting till operations in this way provides security for cashiers and accountability from a management standpoint. Find this setting on the Settings > Payments page, in the “Tills” section.
Revel Systems is proud to officially introduce its White Label Mobile App offering. The White Label Mobile App is a customizable mobile directory and ordering application. Revel provides cross-platform support for both Android and iOS platforms, as well as mobile web ordering.
Customers can find local stores that use Revel iPad Point of Sale and place orders directly from their mobile device. The Revel White Label Mobile App makes every location within a business’s network easily accessible and mobile order ready.
Figure 10. Store Listings Page
Customers can access filtering options by tapping the icon. Customers can filter stores alphabetically, by distance, by store type, or by location.
Figure 11. Filtering Options
By tapping on a location, customers can easily view menus and easily order ahead for pickup or delivery. Read-only menus are also supported for stores on the network that do not support online ordering, but want their menu and phone numbers available.
Figure 12. Menu Screen
Tapping on menu items will add them to a customer’s cart. Menu item modifiers are also supported, as shown in Figure 13.
Figure 13. Item Modifiers
Once items have been selected, tapping on the icon allows customers to access their cart where they can edit or remove items, and proceed to checkout. The notification for how many items a customer has in their cart appears over the icon. Credit and reward card payments are supported at checkout, Customers can check balances and pay securely with a wide range of credit and debit cards. Support for discount codes and loyalty rewards is also available, fully integrated with the Revel CRM and POS platforms.
Figure 14. Checkout Screen
Inventory control is supported. IF the option is turned on, when a product is out of stock, it becomes unavailable for online ordering.
Tapping the icon brings up the “More Options” menu. Through this page customers can save payment information and customize their user profile.
Figure 15. More Options Menu
Figure 16. User Profile Screen
- Barcodes and SKUs are now included in web order products.
- Revel Systems mobile web view and web orders now supports both group and upsell combos.
- Reset password functionality is now supported on the white label app.
- Reward card features are now support on the white label app. Point collection and redemption, as well as rewards accrued for points, visits and purchases are now supported.
- Anonymous access to the white label app is now support. The “Continue as Guest” option has been added to the login screen. In guest mode, “Profile”, “Payments” and “Settings” are grayed out. Guest will be forced to enter their first/last name, email address, phone number and delivery address (if required) in the Checkout screen. Guest card data will not be saved, and will need to be entered each time.
Figure 17. Guest UI Display
- In previous versions, a user’s phone number was used as their account login name for the white label app. Now users’ email addresses are used as their log in name, and their phone number is a non-required field in their customer profile.
- The “Suppress student identifier popup” option has been added to the Web Orders > System Settings page. This option is disabled by default. If enabled, the “Are you a student” popup will not appear, causing taxation rules to be the same for students and non-students. This will be for use at Stanford sports complexes, where student tax exemptions do not apply. Users can still enter their Stanford Cards as payment.
- USAePay and Mercury payment tokenization is now supported for the white label app.
- Discount codes and rewards numbers are now hidden if those features have been turned off. If the discount total equals “0.00” then the discount line will not be shown on the Checkout screen of the white label app. The “Have a Discount Code?” and “Have a Reward #?” options will be hidden if the “accept discount code” and “enable reward cards collecting” options have been disabled in the system settings.
- The Order and Your Cart screens have been updated to include discounts and service fees.
- On the About screen, an establishment’s description will be hidden if a description has not be entered on the Management Console.
- On the Filter options screen of the white label app, “Current Location” is now the first suggestion in the “Specify Location” field.
Figure 18. Filter, Current Location
- Favicon implementation is now supported for establishments. Works with all browsers except Safari and IE. An establishment can now upload their Favicon images to the “Online Ordering Settings.”
- The Submit button is only active/visible after all fields are filled in when paying with a credit card.
- A smart app banner has been added that includes a link to the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Enhanced product search capabilities by adding two drop-down attribute filters.
- Scan credit card displays after Add item > Mt Order > Checkout > Fill in required fields > Confirm Order > Credit Card.
- A new setting has been added that displays product modifier descriptions. Product price is
updated when modifiers are added to the product.
- Web order tips are now calculated against the pre-discount total to match the POS.
- Now support Canadian postal codes.
- When selecting the ASAP option for your order, and the next time slot is unavailable, the system automatically assigns the order to the next available time slot.
- Users will no longer be prompted for credit card information if the total of their order is $0.
- Added a Change to a different store? button that opens a list of establishments from which you can then select one.
- Optimized handling of image sizes for images stored on the Revel server.
- It is no longer possible to add products with a quantity larger than what is in the inventory.
- Choosing delivery dates that are outside of the store’s delivery time table is no longer possible.
- Added online order processing for Verifone.
- Support for switching between establishments within a brand.
- Support of shipping options and shipment tracking data.
- When searching for stores now, the timetable of the stores appears the Maps, Lists, and About View pages.
- If users have placed an item in their cart at a store, and decide to go back to the store directory, a popup window for canceling their order now appears.
- Time slots have been added to the menu headers in the white label app, indicating what time of day the products on that menu are available. The time slots are highlight in Figure 19 below.
Figure 19. Menu Time Slots
Management Console Enhancements
For partially permissioned pages, such as service fees, or settings, read and write buttons are now a single button. If read is enabled, write is also enabled. Disabling read will also disable write.
Revel has created a new setting section Under Settings > Payments > Cash Drawers:
- “Reset employee cash drawer assignments at end of day” – If checked, all users are re-set to the “unassigned” cash drawer status.
- “Limit one active till per cash drawer” – This forbids users from setting a new till for a cash drawer until the previous till has been closed.
- “Dynamic Selection” – This prompts a user to select a cash drawer. Once set, the user is locked to that cash drawer.
Figure 20. Cash Drawer Settings
- If “customer filtering by establishment” is enabled, the establishment numbers to which a customer is linked will be exported when CRM information is exported.
- You may now add multiple customer groups to a single customer.
- “Automated Reward Card” usage is now set to true by default.
- Improved display of inactive customers in on the CRM > Customer page.
- Customer Groups can now be fully permissioned through administrative permissions.
- Customer groups and group details will now be displayed in the tree view. To view the customers associated to a Customer Group, click details and the “Membership” check box.
- If “Customer Filtering by Establishment” (see below) has been selected, only customers from the selected establishments will be displayed.
Figure 21. Customer Groups, Main Page
Figure 22. Customer Group Details
Variable pricing for products of various sizes is now supported.
- AM/PM options have been added to schedules as opposed to the 24-hour clock.
- Improved roles and permissions user interface.
Added “Close to Credit+” and “Number of Copies” presets to EOD Report Preferences.
- Discount codes can now be uploaded to a base establishment and then pushed across multiple establishments.
- The option to export via CSV has been added to the Schedules > Shift Schedule and Schedules > Time Worked pages on the EMS.
- The “undo” arrow is now displayed if a lock is in an active state. If a user clicks the undo arrow, the lock will return to the state it was last saved in (before the user started clicking it).
- A “Lock All” mechanism has been implemented for all discounts including those that are inactive.
- Locking logic has been added to product modifiers that allows a user to lock the creation of modifiers, and modifier classes. Modifiers within a particular class can also be locked, for example a user can add new toppings, but not new bread types.
- Barcode duplication is now prohibited.
- The Retail check box has been removed from Advanced POS settings. Any functionality tied to this check box is now triggered by the Establishment “Type of service” drop-box. When a retail type establishment is selected (Retail, Grocery), “To Go” is changed to “Retail” on the POS.
- A “Site Number” field has been added next to the “Establishment Name” field.
The Ingredients pages have been converted to the tree layout. Figure 23 shows the new layout for the main ingredients page.
Figure 23. Ingredients Main Page
The icon brings up the “Add a Unit Type” configuration window, allowing the user to define a new unit type and set it as the default for all new ingredients.
Figure 24. Add Unit Type Window
Figure 25 displays the new layout for the ingredient details page.
Figure 25. Ingredient Details Page
The link object function is supported for users logged into EMS. Clicking the icon will bring up the Link Object window, shown in Figure 26. Linking allows users to manage what ingredients will be updated when changes are pushed from the EMS. Ingredients are also now part of Administrator Permissions.
Figure 26. Link Object for Ingredients
- The “Forecasting Columns” check box has been added as an option to Inventory > Products > Product Inventory Export page. Checking this box will add “Week 1”, “Week 2”, “Week 3”, “Week 4”, and “All Week Total” columns to the inventory export. The option uses previous purchases over the last four weeks to forecast how much of each item should be ordered.
- The “Primary Vendor” field has been added to the Inventory > Products > Product Inventory Export page. Clicking on this field will bring up a selection window, listing the vendor name and ID, as shown in Figure 27. Once a vendor has been selected, it will export those products that are associated with that vendor.
Figure 27. Primary Vendor Filed, Product Inventory Export
- The inventory page load time has been improved. This will specifically benefit users with inventories greater than 5,000 items.
- Prior to this release, when adding an item to a purchase order, if the user clicked the “Create New Product” button a new browser window would open taking the user to a Products > Add New Product page. Now when that button is clicked a “Quick Create New Product” window appears, allowing the user to create a product without having to navigate away from the purchase order page.
- A “Total Quantity” field has been added on the PDF export for purchase orders. The field will identify the total number of products on the purchase order.
- Both active and inactive products can now be included when exporting a Product Inventory Report. A check box field “include inactive products” has been added as an option to Inventory > Products > Product Inventory Export page.
- An “Invoiced Status” filter has been added to the “Purchase Order List” on the Inventory > Purchase Orders > Purchase Order List page. This information was previously part of the PO Status filter.
All invoices are now retrievable from the server if the POS app is deleted. This includes outstanding, paid, and closed invoices.
- The “ENT Cards” option has been added to the Settings > Gift, Rewards and Admin Cards page, under the Gift Card section. Transactions with this type of card are assessed as discounts rather than payments. Tips are not supported with ENT cards.
- The “Print Masked Reward Card Number on Receipt” option has been added to the Settings > Gift, Rewards and Admin Cards page, under the Loyalty section. When selected the reward card number will be masked when printed on the receipt. All information is masked except the last four digits of the card.
- Units of measure have been added to the “Loyalty Tier Rule”.
- In Administrator Permissions, for those pages with limited permissions, the read and write buttons are either both enabled or both disabled.
- System administrators now have more granular control of discounts.
- It is now possible to manage modifier sort order using the import functionality.
- Added support for quantity within slots to combos.
- Age verification settings have been added to product import/export.
- From the product details page, the “Back to Products” button now returns the user the same product page. The system remembers which product was clicked and the expanded/collapsed state of the category list to return the user to the product they had left.
- In product details, in the DYN COST column under “Recipes”, the currency symbol of the cost will reflect what currency was configured in the payment settings. If no currency has been configured, the column will display the $ symbol by default.
- On the Products page, the + Add Quick Product button has been consolidated under the + Add New Product button. Now, when the user hovers over the + Add New Product button, they will see two options appear, “Quick” and Advanced”, shown in Figure 28 below. Selecting the “Quick” option brings up a “Quick Create New Product” window. Selecting the “Advanced” option will bring the user to the “Add New Product” page, displaying all configurable options for the product.
Figure 28. Add New Product Buttons
EMS support is now provided for product groups. The Product Group pages have been converted to the tree layout. Figure 29 shows the new layout for the main product groups page.
Figure 29. Product Groups, Main Page
Figure 30 displays the new layout for the product group details page.
Figure 30. Product Groups, Details Page
In EMS, pushing product groups will create new products where they did not exist before. This means that if the base establishment has four products in a product group, and the target only has three, the fourth product will be created on the target establishment. This will not update fields on existing products.
The link object function is supported for users logged into EMS. Clicking the icon will bring up the Link Object window, shown in Figure 31.
Figure 31. Link Object, Product Groups
- Integration has been added for invoices and credit memo updates.
- Under Settings > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Settings – Online Integration, the “Summary Plus” option has been added to the Sales field. If selected, at the time of daily sync, Revel classes appear as Items in QuickBooks. This allows the user to associate an income account and purchase account for each item. The “Summary + Payment Reconciliation” has been removed, and the “Payment Reconciliation” option is now its own checkable field. Summary Plus integration is now supported by the On-boarding Wizard.
- The “Fax” text field now imports from QuickBooks Online to Revel after On-boarding Wizard connection.
- Added field to display employees in QuickBooks Online.
- Moved “Cash on Hand” to QuickBooks Online.
- Support of tax code mapping for Australia.
- Support of employee API for Intuit.
- Support of time worked API for Intuit.
- Support of per-line item tax information for purchase orders in Australia.
- Reports have been added to the Administrator permissions tree. Managers can now control which reports employees have access to, and what employees can do with those reports.
- For purposes of product simplification, the “Reports Based On” option has been removed. Now, only transaction based reporting mode is supported.
- The “Created Date” column has been added to the “Gift Card report”, displaying the date that the gift card was created.
Figure 32. Gift Card Report
- Modifier barcodes have been added to the “Product Mix Report”. To display the modifier barcodes, select the fields located in “Select which details you’d like to include” section of the report, as shown in Figure 33.
Figure 33. Product Mix, Fields to Display
- “Hourly Sales” & “Labor” reports now take advantage of the “Reports Time Format” setting and can display time periods in 24 hour format or AM/PM format.
- The display of the total cash summery in the “Operations Report” has been improved.
- Added access to Z fiscal reports for Lithuanian fiscal printers on the Establishment > Stations page.
- Pagination has been added to the “Order History” reports.
- The Employee Profit Report has been updated to include more information, and to allow for more customization. The “Omit orders below” field has been added. Users can enter a decimal in this field and all orders where the sales are below that value shall be filtered out of the report. This shall be assessed against the sales amount displayed on the report. The “Trans” and “Avg Trans” columns have been added to the report, signifying the number of transactions for that employee and the average value of those transactions respectively. The enhancements to the report are highlighted in Figure 34 below.
Figure 34. Employee Profit Report
- Added a configurable automatic logout to the management console on the Settings > Security Settings page. The default is 30 minutes. Users will see an on-screen warning that their session is about to expire.
- Password masking is now supported.
- Display warning if a user tries to log in with Internet Explorer (IE).
- Implemented a password policy for users of the Management Console to enable stronger password protection. Revel can now define the following in a password policy:
- How many passwords must be set before a user can reuse a password.
- How many days before a user may reuse a password.
- The length of time in days before a password expires.
- The minimum password length.
NOTE: If you wish to adjust the password policy for your establishment, please contact Revel Support.
- Added user password reset functionality.
- The “Do not allow modification of closed orders” option on the Settings > Advanced POS Settings page has been enhanced. From the drop down menu, users can select to not “Ever” allow modifications to closed orders, or to not allow modifications “After 24 hours”. The default setting for Retail and Grocery establishments is “Ever”. The default for all other types of establishments is “After 24 hours”. When enabled actions that can be taken be taken on closed orders without manager approval are greatly limited. Void/returns, refunds and reprints are allowed.
- The “Allow refunds only if balance due is negative” option has been added to the Settings > Payments page. If this option is enabled, the user will be able to perform a refund only if payments exceeds sales on a transaction.
- The “Stay in Quick Service mode” option has been added to the Settings > Table Service Settings page. When this option is enabled, it allows users to open an order using the “New (Quick) Order” button, and stay in quick service mode until exiting it. To get back to tables, users must tap the back arrow at the upper left of the screen. This option is ideal for users who do a combination of table service and takeaway. The option is disabled by default.
- The “Delivery Managers automatically login to Delivery Screens” option has been added to the Settings > Advanced POS Settings page, under the Delivery section. If enabled, users with the delivery manager role will automatically login to the delivery management screens when accessing the POS. Otherwise, they will need to access them from the Orders menu.
- The “Auto-Logout Settings” values on the Settings > Security Settings page are now displayed in minutes.
- On the Settings > Receipts page, the checkboxes for the “Receipt top line” and “Receipt bottom line” fields have been removed. Now, the system will simply ignore any blank “line_” fields.
- The “Prompt to set till upon login” option has been added to the Settings > Payments > Tills page. When enabled this setting will prompt users to set the till when they log on to the POS.
- Added a template for void receipts. The word “VOID” appears on the receipt.
- The “Allow Customers to Send Receipts to Expensify” option has been added to added to the Settings > Receipts page. If enabled, customers will enter the email attached to their Expensify account on the POS, and their receipt will automatically be available for their expense reports. More information about this enhancement is available in the Revel iPad POS Enhancements.
Every merchant that supports WoraPay requires a unique QR code to identify any objects within the Revel system that can place orders. Revel has introduced fields to the Management Console to map these QR codes.
- The “QR code” field has been added to the Establishment > Stations > Station Details page to assign a QR code to a POS device.
- The “QR string” field has been added to the Establishment > Tables page to assign a QR code to specific tables.
The fields are only visible if WoraPay has been enabled on the Settings > Payments page. Merchants can automatically generate QR codes by logging onto https://etest.worapay.com/dashboard/login and adding POS terminals. The QR codes and barcodes generated can also be printed out for scanning purposes.
- A resizing and cropping tool has been implemented for images uploaded to the Management Console. Users can now link images via URL as well. The following fields will now be present anywhere images can be uploaded:
Figure 35. Image Upload
Once an image has been uploaded, users will have access to the resizing tool, shown below in Figure 36:
Figure 36. Image Cropping and Resizing Tool
- The links on the Management Console support page have been updated. The “Submit support ticket” button now links to the Submit a request page of the Revel Systems support site. The middle button now reads “Support knowledge base” and links to the Revel Systems knowledge base.
- The “Go Live Steps” have been revised to include:
- Customize Receipts – If user has gone live but has not filled out and saved the receipt settings, a popup message will appear “To finish setting up your receipts, please customize your Receipt Top Line and/or Receipt Bottom Line.”
- Set Up Taxes – If the user has not setup their taxes, a popup message will appear “You have not yet set up your prevailing tax. To do so, please go to the Products Tab, select Taxes, and set up your Prevailing Tax Group”
- Revel has created an “Action Log Report” that records all system Login attempts. The log lists all successful, unsuccessful, unexpected, or unusual attempts.
Figure 37. Action Log Report
- Added the CDS and KDS versions to the “About” page.
- Added a new tax country, Singapore.
- Support for international encoding on Epson printers is now available.
- Users can now choose to display child matrix products in product searches or not, by enabling the setting on the Advanced POS Settings page. Default: Search is turned off.
Revel iPad POS Enhancements
Revel has created a single Backup App screen that includes:
- The local POS app version (if installed)
- URL, Establishment and POS name
- Number of transactions in the database
- “Display Unit Settings” on the POS have been moved under “Manager” settings.
- Users can now display videos on their Customer Display Units when they are idle. After loading their movie onto the iPad, users can pick and apply the video from the manager settings (password “914”) and selecting “Use Default”. Upon updating their CDS the video will show on the welcome screen, superseding any idle animation.
Figure 38. CDS Video Upload
- Display units now display order discounts with the “-” sign, to help indicate that money is being taken off of an order.
- If a customer inputs an email address into the email receipt window, Revel will save it to the Customer record.
- Added support for multiple customer groups on a single customer. Rules from all groups will be used. If more than one group has discounts, the most valuable discounts will apply.
- Added support for customer filtering. Only customers associated with the establishment will be loaded onto the POS.
- The “Lic Number” (License Number) field has been added to the “Customer Info” screens, and can be added to a customer via the POS. The “Customer info lic number” option must be enabled on the Settings > Customer Info page of the Management Console for this field to be visible on the POS.
Figure 39. Customer License Number Field, POS
- When two orders are delivered to the same address, the tag on the map now displays both orders.
- Tapping “Cancel” when checking in from a delivery now cancels the entire checkin process.
- Delivery drivers can end their shifts, including inputting tips, from any syncing iPad.
- Changed the two labels Clocked Out and Clocked In on the Driver History screen inside the Delivery Management Console to Checked Out and Checked In respectively.
- Users with the delivery manager role can now automatically login to the delivery management screens when accessing the POS. The “Delivery Managers automatically login to Delivery Screens” option on the Settings > Advanced POS Settings page must be enabled, otherwise, they will need to access them from the Orders menu. Figure 40 shows the delivery management console screen seen upon login.
Figure 40. Delivery Console, Map View
If the CDS is incompatible with the Revel iPad POS, users will be prompted to upgrade their CDS.
- Added the ability to quick-close orders to credit plus:
- Improved end-of-day reports by allowing multiple copies and filtering for those employees who have actually worked that day.
- Improved handling of running the end-of-day processing in offline mode.
- The “Use Item Points with Synergy” option has been added to the Settings > Gift, Rewards, and Admin Cards page, under the Synergy Reward Cards section. When this option is enabled, customers can accrue points through specific item purchases, instead of only through the total dollar amount of a purchase. Point values are configured on the products page in Revel.
- ENT cards are now supported on the POS. Transactions with this type of card are assessed as discounts rather than payments. Tips are not supported with ENT cards.
- Gift cards that were reloaded via online ordering now show the updated balance when order is paid for in store on the POS.
- Added a bonus load feature to Synergy gift cards. Receipts will include the load amount, % bonus, and “Load Bonus money added”.
- Redeeming points for products sold by weight now confirms that the user has enough points to pay for the entire product.
- Reward card number and awarded point information is now shown on the final receipt.
- Added the ability to view reward point balances.
- Users can now apply their point rewards discounts on already discounted items, replacing the current discounts.
- Reward cards can now be created automatically once a new card is swiped or keyed in. While this enhancement does not need to be enabled by a setting, the user must have permission to create new reward cards, otherwise a manager pin is required. If a card is swiped that is not recognized by Revel, the user will see the “New Rewards Card” pop-up window shown in Figure 41. If a customer is attached to the order, the window will contain a “Link to Customer” option button, shown in Figure 42.
Figure 41. New Reward Card Pop-up
Figure 42. New Reward Card Pop-up, Link to Customer
- The “Prompt for user” setting on the Settings > Kiosk page of the Management Console has been removed. The functionality of that settings has been moved to the “Prompt for Customer Call Name” setting on the Settings > Quick Service Settings page of the Management Console. If the “Prompt for Customer Call Name” setting is enabled, but the Kiosk Station has the “Suppress prompt for call name” enabled as well, then the prompt for the customer’s call name will not appear.
- A search box has been added to help expedite the ordering process. Users can easily search for a menu item and then add the item to the order.
- Multiple selections in “Combo Product Sets” are now supported.
- Combo product displays are now supported on the Kiosk.
- The “Do not allow modification of closed orders” option has been enhanced on the Settings > Advanced POS Settings page of the Management Console. When this setting is enabled, actions that can be taken on closed orders without manager approval are greatly limited.
- Log items can now be deleted from the Action Log Report. If a product is deleted from an order the date, employee, action and the item deleted are added to the log.
- An “Add Combo” button has been added as the first option for all products that have an upsell combo. This makes it easier to return to the combo screen if “no meal” is accidentally tapped.
- The “Hold-press” selection has been added in order to add multiple quantities of a product to a combo set.
- Support for multiple choices within a single combo products set is now available. Users must select the defined quantity for each combo set before proceeding. For instance, a combo could have one drink and two sides.
- The “Link Card to Order” feature and bar tab pre-authorization is now support for FreedomPay payment processing.
- Mercury gift cards are now usable with other payment processors and are not dependent on “Mercury Payments” being enabled.
- For Verifone devices, users can now reset all registration data from previous card swipe and pin pad devices. If a registered device needs to be replaced:
- Replace the device with the new unit.
- Tap the “Credit” button on the payment screen. A “Mac Label not found” error message will appear.
- Navigate to Settings > Manager > Verifone Point.
- Tap the “Unregister” button.
- Navigate to the payment screen and pay using the “Credit” button. The Registration procedure for the new device will have started.
- Auto apply service fee support for the PC-EFTPOS pin pad has been implemented.
- The payment amount of an order has been added to the tip window popup to facilitate adding tips.
- Refunds of mobile payments made using the ApplePay application are now supported.
- Refunding for CRE Secure payments (PayWare Connect/Verifone) is now supported.
- Gift receipts can now be emailed to customers of retail establishments. When the Gift Receipt button on the payment screen is tapped, a new “Print Gift Receipt” window will appear, shown in Figure 6. The Email option is now available.
Figure 6. Email Gift Receipt Option
- The “Set Font Size” option in the Printer Management settings is now supported for Fiscal printers.
- Using the “Delay catering printer” setting in the Delay Printing section on the Settings > Kitchen View/Kitchen Print page of the Management Console, users can set a delay sending an order to a kitchen/catering printer or display until the desired number of minutes before the that orders scheduled date. Entering a value or “0” means that printing will happen immediately.
- Receipts now read “Suggested Gratuity” instead of “Suggested Tips”.
- The POS now supports SMTP settings for emailing receipts. These can be found on the Settings > Receipts page of the Management Console, listed as “Email for sending receipts” fields. When no specific email is entered in the Management Console, the email is sent as from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Figure 7. Receipt Email Settings, Management Console
- A receipt printing issue for credit card transactions using Verifone pin pads has been resolved, and receipts now print with the correct amount of space between lines.
- Template tags for the top and bottom of a receipt have been implemented.
- Added a new tax country, Singapore. Adjusted the subtotal to meet Singapore’s tax law. A surcharge is displayed on the receipt as a pretax item.
- A new receipt template with tags for Product Class/Parent Class/Category and Sub-Category has been created.
Figure 8. Receipt with new tags
- On EBT transactions, the customer’s remaining EBT Balance is now printing on the customer copy instead of the store copy.
- Applied a new font to improve alignment on Thai language sales summary receipts.
- Greatly improved the printing time on Star printers over the Revel Ethernet Connect. Printing time is now one to two seconds.
- Implemented international encoding on Epson printers so users can print international characters, such as Cyrillic.
- The “Allow Customers to Send Receipts to Expensify” option has been added to added to the Settings > Receipts page of the Management Console. If enabled, customers will enter the email attached to their Expensify account on the POS, and their receipt will automatically be available for their expense reports. On the POS, users will now see the “Expensify” button on the “Print Receipt” window, shown below in Figure 9.
Figure 9. Expensify Option when printing receipts
- Added a setting to the Revel iPad POS to enable or disable printing pin pad receipts for customers using Verifone Point.
- Exchanges have been added to the Employee Sales Report for Retail establishments. The “Exchanged Items” row lists the number of items that were exchanged, and the “Exchanged Total” lists the total value of the exchanges that took place.
- Comps have been added to the Employee Sales Report report. The “Comps Items” row lists the number of items that were comped, and the “Comps Total” lists the total value of the comps that took place.
Figure 10. Employee Sales Report, Exchanges
- A “Go to Order” button has been added to the Waitlist History screen, shown in Figure 11 below. The button appears when users tap a row to select it. If the party has been removed from the waitlist (not seated) then the “Go to Order” button will not be present. This button helps to make recently seated tables accessible from the Waitlist History screen.
Figure 11. Go to Order button
- On the table list view screen, the “+ New Order” button has been added for available tables. Tapping a row with an available table will display the button in that row, as shown in Figure 12. Tapping this button will bring up an empty order, that will be linked to the selected table.
Figure 12. + New Order button
- The clock icons have been removed from spreadsheet view headings.
- On the tables screen, a notification has been added to tables with multiple orders. If more than one order is on a table, that table is shown as two tables, slightly offset. In previous versions, upon tapping a table with multiple orders, a notification would appear indicating how many orders were tied to that table. Now, that notification appears automatically, shown in Figure 13 below, without requiring the user to tap on the table.
Figure 13. Notification for Tables with Multiple Orders
- Outlines have been added to tables with more than one order that are in held, active, or paid states.
Support for the new “Prompt to set till upon login” setting has been added. When selected this setting will prompt users to set the till when they log on to the iPad POS, as shown in Figure 14 below.
Figure 14. Set Till Prompt
- When in offline mode, the POS refresh message now reads “Cannot contact server to update configuration. Please try again in a few minutes.” If the message is closed it will appear again after five minutes. The message will also appear when a user logs out of the POS.
- Time zone support has been added between the Management Console and POS. The POS sends information about its own time zone to the Management Console in an HTTP header. The information is applied to all API objects from the POS (Orders, Click in/Out, Tips, etc.).
- Revel Ethernet Connect support has been added for the VeriFone VX805 device.
- Revised the catering calendar to the new “at a glance” calendar design and functionality.
- Search for call names has been enhanced to search from the beginning of the name.
- Users can now choose to display child matrix products in product searches or not, by the Management Console setting on the Advanced POS Settings page. Default: Search turned off.
- The Lithuanian fiscal Z report is now accessible, even after the Revel iPad POS application has been deleted.
- Increased the width of the barcode and SKU field in the “Manage Item” mode.
- Changed the titles of the “Till Management” popup windows for clarity.
- The size chart is now visible on the online ordering application.
- Improved handling of payments in online ordering, to greater account for broken connections.
- Updated tax rounding in the online ordering application.
- Product mix export reflects display modifier selection.
- Fixed time zone issue for scheduling in Safari.
- Reports now display products with a caret (<) in the product name.
- Sort order is no longer lost during modifier copy.
- Refactored Modifer Copy to prevent timeouts.
- Fixed updates to product barcodes and SKUs from the EMS.
- Fixed display of the Order No. column in the Discounts report.
- Repaired Operations report net sales calculations for orders with hot and cold items and order discounts.
- Improved display of products with additional categories.
- Improved display of large lists of product modifiers.
- Improved error handling when uploading tax tables.
- Optimized loading the Inventory page.
- Resolved issue in float logic leading to incorrect modifier prices.
- Improved handling of substitutions in modifier import.
- Repaired the Untaxed Group for specific establishments.
- Fixed issue with schedules and daylight savings time change.
- Fixed reporting errors related to daylight savings time.
- The quantity on voids is now reporting correctly in Product Mix.
- The sales report no longer has two columns for American Express.
- Fixed display of merged employees.
- Fixed display of default CDS idle animation sets.
- Repaired order syncing issue related to daylight savings time (DST, 1:00-1:59 AM)
- Fixed incorrect overtime calculations.
- Fixed logic leading to an excessive tax rounding issue.
- Repaired logic involved in importing matrix products.
- Support long establishment names when emailing the weekly sales report.
- Time zone logic no longer interferes with reports.
- Restored missing employee from the Employees section.
- Corrected the stray pennies issue with Online shipping orders.
- Fixed issue that calculated employee overtime without the employee meeting any over-time requirement.
- Corrected tax rounding variance Issue.
- Fixed the 1.75 off the price dropping from Web orders.
- Data Fetch Fail when Refreshing.
- Payroll total hours now match Time Worked total hours.
- Corrected Beta Server issue with the Operations Report.
- Fixed issue with the Operations report displaying an Untaxed Net Sales of $43.33.
- The weekly sales report now arrives to the correct e-mail address.
- Fixed issue of Employee Sales Report being received at a non-scheduled time.
- Corrected time zone calculations.
- Fixed Apply to All Qualifying Products/Class/Group.
- Payroll Non-Cash Tips now match Sales Summary Non-Cash Tips for employee.
- Corrected issue with Sales summary report for POS station.
- Fixed EMS Progress bar reset issue.
- Internal Server Error corrected when recipes are updated in EMS.
- Reset inventory now resets the cost.
- Item with Additional Category is now showing in Additional Category.
- Corrected error message when editing locked products. New message “Save Failed. The target object is locked”.
- Fixed changes with payroll value for total worked hours.
- Resolved online browser order crashes.
- Shipping Online Order now calculates shipping cost based on shipping table.
- EMS – Added basic report permissions to Permissions tree.
- Purchase Order totals are now calculated when the Reorder Unit is selected.
- Barcode lookup and immediate addition now supported in the “Add Items” field on Purchase Orders.
- Matrix error fixed when trying to change category or add additional categories.
- Product import email notifications now contain attachments with proper extensions.
- Backend error fixed, “Credit +” option is now displayed correctly on the POS.
- The “Hide empty” check box now displays correctly on the Schedules > Time Worked page.
- Fixed item discount matching error between Sales Summary, Product Mix and Discount and Voids reports.
- Fixed error with credit card payments through the billing portal.
- Establishments now copy correctly and in a timely manner.
- Fixed 2.10.13 update issue.
- Labor Report now groups hourly sales accurately.
- Fixed QuickBooks Online date syncing error.
- Can now edit closed state of an item on a Purchase Order that is in “Fully Received” status.
- Diagnostic Code: 1d6e8bb.
- Fixed Geocoding issue for Third Party API Web Orders. Geocoder settings are now staff-only.
- Uploading a CRM export file will now properly update reward card information for customers.
- Shipping Online Order now calculates shipping cost based on shipping table.
- Fixed discount rules error when applying discounts to online orders.
- “Default Reorder Quantity” and “Default Reorder Price” are no longer required fields for products.
- Modifier price updates now sync correctly to the POS.
- Fixed discount settings saving error. Advanced discount rules are now hidden when “Wholesale” is selected.
- Fixed product inventory export internal server error.
- Items in new Purchase Orders no longer revert back to the Primary Stock Unit after saving.
- On Sales Summary Reports, “Revenue Center Net Sales” now account for order discounts.
- Can now copy establishments that are synced to QuickBooks Online without employee names being changed.
- Fixed product “sort” and “price” fields saving error.
- Fix calendar custom range error for Catering Delivery Report. Users can now selected future dates.
- Ingredient inventory summary now correctly calculates ending costs.
- Fixed Online Ordering discount code issue. Discount now only applies to qualifying products.
- Fixed Employee Profit Report error. Report now displays results from correct establishment.
- Fixed Online Order email issue. Order receipts now being sent to the entered email addresses and BCC addresses.
- Fixed backend issue so that POS inventory lookup does not show deleted establishment.
- The Quick Product Matrix barcode auto-fill no longer generates duplicate barcode numbers for child products.
- The Web Order API has been updated so that order item request with barcodes now filter out inactive products.
- Fixed Purchase Order tax calculation error.
- Fixed administrator permission issue. Wages now hidden.
- Fixed “Internal Server Error” when pushing product categories on EMS.
- Fixed double booking error for appointments when using the Web Portal.
- The drop down menu for the “Reorder Unit Type” field now displays properly on the ingredient Details page.
- Fixed issue in the ability to edit and manage administrator permissions.
- Fixed address validation shipping error.
- Fixed internal server error upon saving changes in EMS.
- Fixed Group Combo issue. Existing products added to group combo now appears on POS.
- Fixed 404 error message for attribute products in web orders.
- .01 additional charge no longer being added to web orders.
- Restored support for gift cards with letters.
- Resolved freezing issue with Caller ID.
- Provisioning an iPad through a sign-in operates identically to PIN provisioning.
- Restored Guest section to the Sales Report/Employee sales report.
- Normalized post codes for handling in delivery management.
- Fixed crash that occurs with iOS9 and Bluetooth printers.
- Fixed timestamps on serialized products in local delivery.
- Repaired handling of commissions on Services.
- Items will send to the kitchen after turning an invoice into an order.
- Failure to sync table message no longer displays incorrectly.
- Fixed kitchen printing of single line orders from the KDS.
- Correctly handle Tax Included options on combo products.
- Improved performance of loading the category list on the POS.
- Restored access to shipping screen for orders with shipping labels.
- Shipping can use the customer phone number in absence of a shipping phone number.
- Shipping options selected in an online order now correctly transmit to the Revel iPad POS.
- Loyalty rewards are now added to the Rewards account.
- Changes to Upsell combos are recognized by the Revel iPad POS.
- Fixed issue with timezones and print delays.
- Guest section now displays when Sales report is printed from POS station.
- Corrected multiple default products in Combo Product Sets.
- Orders that were original invoices now print to Items Printer.
- Fixed Table/Order sync error message.
- Fixed Subcategory button delay.
- Resolved issue returning back to shipping screen.
- Order type can now be changed which will discard the shipping label.
- If shipping address doesn’t have a phone number, the customer phone number is used by default.
- Limit barcode length to be between 4 and 16 characters.
- Loyalty Rewards are now added to Rewards account.
- Fixed Upsell Combos cached issue.
- Fixed template to associate Grouping Items with Discounts.
- Manager App now works on iOS9.
- Tills, Operation Report, and Sales Summary cash now add up.
- Modifier substitutions choices are bolder.
- Added suggested tips to bottom of receipt on Star Bluetooth printer.
- Removed service fees from the order after an item is void/removed from the order.
- Change Due Box only pops up for transactions where rewards points are added.
- Fixed duplicate cash payments issue for split bills.
- Improved logic for best discount calculation.
- Minimum amount on discount was considering target items, not order total.
- Fixed issue that caused POS to crash when the Dismiss button was tapped on “Manage Customer’s Table”.
- Third party web orders now display properly on KDS.
- Hold order incrementation error fixed. An error message appears when attempting to open an empty order: “Order with such ID does not exist anywhere”. Held Orders badge count is not increased.
- Tips are now showing correctly on Sales Summary report between POS and backend with-out having to be captured.
- Fixed error when activating a new Mercury gift card.
- Fixed Mercury declined payments error.
- Fixed duplicate transaction ID issue.
- Fixed issue that caused Valutec gift card activation failure.
- Items can now be voided off an order without refund pre-authorization.
- Fixed clock in/out error for iPads with date/time set for United Kingdom cities.
- Catering orders now display properly in the “Catering Delivery” queue, and POS will prompt for catering order that is due for a defined day.
- Fixed split bill / clear split bill issue for WoraPay users. Users will now get billed correctly.
- Fixed “Bad Swipe” error when managing or creating Revel gift cards on QB Payments IPP350.
- Fixed currency symbol display issue on Kiosks.
- POS no longer freezes on pay screen when customers are added to an order and SanDisk is enabled in Third Party API settings.
- Fixed role permissions issue for offline credit card processing. “Offline Payments” and “Offline CC Processing” are now available as role permissions.
- For users connected to Intuit Payments, the “Declined: Card present is invalid” error has been fixed. Credit card transactions can now be processed without error when using Infinea tab.
- Fixed Verifone error message “operation code 1010” when processing refunds on online credit card orders.
- Fixed address validation shipping error.
- Fixed “Suppress prompt modifiers” issue. Now, prompt for modifier does not appear on the POS when the option is enabled.
- The iOS keyboard no longer blocks the “Dining Option” prompt.
- If a scanned item was added to the order while the prompt for tips is shown, the order is not closed on auto-done after selecting “No” in the popup. The user needs to pay for the new item or remove it from the order.
- POS no longer crashes when opening held orders taken with a caller ID.
- Fixed CRM data order syncing issue. Phone number field now allows a max of 20 characters.
- Fixed DTT integration issue.
- Customer name now displays on KDS when “Prompt for customer name” is enabled.
- Fixed issue for adding tips to a split bill.
- Fixed issue where 100% tip was being applied to receipts.