Today is the first day of the Pizza Expo in Las Vegas, and we couldn’t be more excited. The International Pizza Expo is the largest pizza show in the world, and features industry leaders from across the world. Attendees include pizzeria or pizza-concept restaurant owners, operators and managers, and numerous distributors and food brokers.
Hear from keynote speakers Donatella Arpaia, Celebrity Chef and “Iron Chef” Judge; and Sal Basile and Francis Garcia, Cooking Channel Series Hosts. Meet other pizzeria owners, and share tips, tricks, and industry advice from others in your field. Meet vendors and distributors who can take your business to the next level. Bake-offs and Pizza Challenges abound as 60+ competitors go head to head to produce “the best” pizza, and events include a “secret ingredient bake-off.” There’s also plenty of workshops you can take part in to hone your management skills, learn best practices as a new operator, and work on perfecting that Neapolitan style.
Revel is excited to take part in this event. Our representatives will be demoing our Pizza POS platform at booth 857. We look forward to answering your questions, and to showing you how our innovative solution can prove an asset to your pizza restaurant.
In honor of the Pizza Expo (and because we love pizza just as much as you do), we’ve compiled a list of pizza trivia:
Did you know?
- The Margherita pizza is named after Queen Margherita, who most enjoyed the pizza variety made with white cheese, tomatoes, and basil, during her 1889 trip to Naples.
- Beyond Naples, pizza was little known in Italy until the 1940’s.
- The first frozen pizza was marketed in 1957.
- The largest pizza ever made and eaten was 44,457 pounds and divided into 94,248 slices.
- More than 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. per year.
- February 9 is National Pizza Day.