Employee Profit Report — Who’s Making You Money
Revel Systems gives you data-driven insight into your business, and the power to effect change if necessary. In keeping with this goal, we’re announcing our latest report: Employee Profit Report. This powerful tool gives you the ability to see which employees are performing best, which are most profitable in terms of overall sales, and which may not be pulling their weight. By analyzing the performance of each employee, Revel allows you to make informed business decisions and make changes as necessary. Have the power to reward the employees who are turning a profit, and scale back on the ones that don’t.
The Employee Profit Report feature is a report viewable in the Revel backend. The report is sorted into columns by:
- Employee – all employees who had sales during the reporting period.
- Labor – employee total wages during the reporting period.
- Sales – employee total gross sales for the reporting period.
- Percent sales – employee sales divided by wages of that employee. The higher the percentage, the more the employee sells per dollar paid to him/her. Percentages below 100% mean that the employee’s labor costs are higher than the sales he or she brings in.
- Cost – the total cost of all products sold by the employee.
- Profit – the profit on all products sold by the employee. This amount is equal to Sales – Cost – Labor.
- Percent profit – your profit (sales minus cost) divided by labor. The higher the percentage the more profit the employee is bringing in per dollar paid to him/her. Percentages below 100% mean that the employee’s labor costs are higher than the profit he or she brings to the business.
Each header in the report is clickable, and filterable by department and role. This report gives you a comprehensive overview of each employee’s performance, and also alerts you to employees who may be hurting your business’s profit margin. By flagging percentages that are below 100%, Revel alerts you to the fact that certain employees may not be as efficient or profitable as others.
By giving you data-driven insight into your business and the power to make changes as necessary, Revel helps your business thrive.